Back On Track

Tuesday 14 October 2014

So here I am, facing a blank screen on my Macbook and it's become almost like a staring contest where I feel like I'm the loser every time I try to find the words to type. The first post is always the one I find most difficult, but here it goes.

I'm Craig, and one of the main reasons that I started this blog in to help unearth some creativity within me that seems to have gotten lost over the last few years. I'm hoping that creating this blog will allow me a little bit more expression for my loves and passions, in the hope of maybe becoming involved in something new.

I've recently graduated from The University Of Chester with a degree in Commercial Music Production with Digital Photography, and I now face the same dilemma as my fellow graduates: struggling to find any kind of job relating to my chosen subject. Currently, I work two separate jobs in Tesco, one I'm not so fond of in Stock Control, and a more satisfying one in the Phoneshop. Although not the most glamorous of jobs, I'm treating them as a steeping stone towards reaching the next phase of my life.

Since I started learning the drums at the age of six, when my Grandad would literally have me play for hours at a time (which I'm truly grateful for now, even if I wasn't then!), my passion for music has been a huge part of my life. Since then, I've been a part of many bands through my teenage years, I've taught myself to play guitar and have developed my passion for songwriting. Photography is something I didn't know much about until starting my degree, but I've always been a fanatic when it comes to anything creative or artistic, and it's opened a whole new set of doors for me, both creatively and potentially as part of a future career.

So before this turns into my autobiography, I'll tell you a few personal things. I'm often quite impatient, I'm nearly always trying to tell myself to accept and be happy with what I already have in life, I have a huge phobia of spiders. I drink and smoke far more than I should, I always put other people first which has (too often) been a huge downfall of mine in the past, I have a vast taste in music, I can appear critical but not opinionated, I quite enjoy my own company and I think far, far too much. There's way more to me than just random, short snippets, but we can leave that for another day.

I look forward to watching how this blog pans out and to talking to new people within the blogging community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs