Top 3 Favourite Albums Right Now

Friday 17 October 2014

So, I though I'd write a list of the top 3 albums that I'm currently listening to and love. Some of the albums are a little older than others, and some a little more of an acquired taste, however here was are (in no particular order):

1. London Grammar - If You Wait

Release in September 2013, this is not only one of my favourite albums but one of those bands that I simply cant get enough of. I've been a musician since the age of six and, having come from a rock music background, I wasn't really into EDM before Uni. Having said that, the course that I studies introduced me to a wide range of it, and it's now a lot easier to see the talent that it requires. What I love about London Grammar is the combination of minimalist trip hop drum beats and downtempo bass lines with slow, delicate guitar licks and soulful, emotive vocal melodies. Everything from the writing of this album to the production is outstanding, and it's impossible not to wonder how much effort went into this album, both by the band and the producers, to make it so flawless.

Favourite Tracks:  Wasting My Younger Years, 
Strong & Hey Now.


                                                      2. Ed Sheeran - X

I've been a fan of Ed since I stumbled across his video for "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" (shot and recorder by Warner Music in "The Live Room") back when the views had barely reached ten thousand. I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about his most recent album, after hearing "Sing" I was worried it might sound a little "overproduced", but I couldn't have been more wrong. Ed has done so well to craft this album, selecting songs that seemingly run smoothly from beginning to end. Ed Sheeran's song writing has immensely grown since his first album and having loved '+', I believe there a lot more maturity offered in 'Multiply' (although that could be the sight and influence of famous producer Rick Rubin's beard, who knows!)

Favourite Tracks: I'm A Mess, Don't &
 Thinking Out Loud

                               Lowercase Noises - Seafront

I doubt many people reading this will be familiar with Lowercase Noises as an artist, or be particularly impressed for that matter. Having said that, for those of you who are pretty open minded in the music stakes and could enjoy relaxing to a purely instrumental album for approximately 45 minutes, this is an album worth listening to. With me being a guitarist, I find this such a joy to listen to, I love the sounds Andy Othling achieves with a guitar and a few effects pedals and how he creates such otherworldly, tranquil pieces of music. Ambient guitar isn't easy to replicate, but Andy Othling makes it appear second nature. The melodies in this album are enough to transform the worst mood into an uplifting one. Listeners familiar with Lowercase Noises may argue that this is one of the best albums, and I would agree. Released in 2009, this is one of Andy's first albums, but I'm in love with the raw intricacies alongside the "not-so-perfect" production quality. To me, it's a masterpiece.

Favourite Tracks: Certain Remembrances, 
A Haunt Of Jackels, Evening Wolves

This is a small sample of the many albums that i listen to, although they have definitely had an impact on my life at the moment.

What are some of your favourite albums you're listening to at the moment?

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs